Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Home Town

My home town

My home town is Amman, Amman is the capital of Jordan, and Amman is a very modern city with the lots of shopping malls, shopping centers, hotels and ancient Roman amphitheater.
Tourism is a very important sector for the Jordanian economy, Jordan an attractive tourism place and it included a big numbers of ancient places and religious sites. The best known attraction include.
Petra, the home of the Nabateans, is a complete city carved in a mountain. The huge rocks are colorful, mostly pink, and the entrance to the ancient city from end beginning a 1.25 Km ravine in the mountain, called the Siq.
And from Petra to the most religious site the River Jordan, which is the River where Jesus Christ was baptized, by John Baptist.
Madaba , well known for its mosaics ,as well as important religious sites such as Mount Nebo, where Moses was said to have gone to get a view of the Promised Land before he died.
And from religious and historical sites to relaxing resorts and it beautiful nature places as the Dead sea , the lowest point on earth ,402 meters below sea level, and becomes 1 meter lower each year. It’s located near River Jordan
As a conclusion my home town has a fascinating past and an intriguing dilemma in the present , it’s very exciting to be live in Amman, and in Jordan as a whole. In many ways, I encourage you to go there and enjoy it historical places and relaxing in it beautiful resorts

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Hey! It is very nice to discover your city through your post and video! I used to live in Tunisia and even if it can be similar it is still quite different for me!

Pauline.

dvmunca said...

Nadera, did you know that Petra has been officially called one of the 7 Wonders of the world? Check on this:
http://dev.smm.org/buzz/blog/new_seven_wonders_of_the_world_voted_in_by_the_world
And this is a blog on Petra!
http://www.petrablog.com/

gabilu said...

I wish I were there. It is so pretty and I want to go dead sea. ~gabi

Alex Cao said...

Hi,Nadera. Your city is so amazing, can you poste more pictures of it? And I miss the traditional food you made last semester..... can you....